I was talking with one of my customer-friends recently and they had brought up a product that they had been taking. It was a commercial vegan protein shake that you will find in the stores these days (I will not mention their name though, but you can figure it out based on its spelling of its target market.) I had heard about this product more than a year ago and have actually tried it. However, there were problems with this one particular shake.
First of all, it tasted very grainy. When I started drinking it, i felt like I was drinking sand.
Secondly, when I read the ingredients, I noticed that it had Vitamin D2 as one of the ingredients. This surprised me that a product would use Vitamin D2 as an ingredient to ingest. Vitamin D2 should be used externally and applied to the skin. It should never be ingested.
The problem is, the nutrition industry is not as regulated as the pharmaceutical industry. Even the FDA doesn’t regulate Vitamin C, so as a result, we have all types of Vitamin C; Synthetic, Food, and Extracted.
From my 10 years of experience, a safe and healthy protein shake should have the following features and benefits:
- Must have the right Amino Acids that the body needs for both immune system and cellular repair
- It should ideally be plant-based for health; Contrary to what the media has broadcasted, Soy is actually safe. Don’t believe for a second that it is dangerous. It is only dangerous if it is alcohol-washed and if the toxins have not been removed (most companies don’t do this)
- For body-building, you can use whey for muscle repair
- It should be free of toxins and have passed stringent, pharmaceutical-quality tests
- Millions of dollars should be put into research and development
- If using sweetener, it should be natural, organic, and beneficial for the human body (like fructose, stevia, fruit sugar)
- It should be water-washed
- It should still have a life-force (and raw)
- If it has Vitamin D, it should be listed as “Vitamin D3″ and should say from which source it gets it from
- It should never, ever have artificial sweeteners (Sucralose, Aspartame, etc.) or refined sugar
- It should never be alcohol-washed
- It should never be heated (otherwise the life force is dead)
- It should never, ever go out to market without a strict quality test (unfortunately, many companies do that.)
- It should never, ever have Aloe Vera in its ingredients. Aloe is a medicinal herb, not a food. If ingested, it will coat your stomach lining and prevent it from getting nutrients from your food.
- It should never be in the form of Creatine. Creatine is naturally found in soy. However, Creatine as a supplement is never recommended, because it will create health problems for your liver (and you need a liver to live.)
- It should be able to help you feel good and feel better
- It should taste great
- You should feel like you have more energy
- Your bones should get stronger
- Your blood quality should improve
- It should help you cope with stress rather easily
- It should make you feel better after a strenous workout
- You should be able to take it for the rest of your life (I know of many brands that you can never take for the rest of your life, or else you will poison your kidneys.)
- It should be easy on your kidneys
I will share my experience here: the only product that has been able to satisfy the good in these list is the protein line from Shaklee. The Shaklee Energizing Protein, the Shaklee Physique shake and the entire Shaklee 180 Meal Smoothees (and bars) are the only protein products in North America and in the world to satisfy this.
I have tried many other protein products from other companies (this include the MLM companies) and I would usually experience some sort of strange effect from their products. Shaklee’s products, on the other hand, has been more helpful and has saved my life every time I go back to and use their products. I decided after 3 times, Shaklee will be my home of products. They are just too awesome and I totally love their strictness with their products.
If you want a purely Vegan protein shake that totally works, skip all the other brands and go with Shaklee’s. It’s kept me alive for many years, whereas I have seen others take other competing products, yet when they break their bones and go in for surgery, they don’t heal or recover quickly (or well either.)
I have only heard of quick and successful recovery cases with Shaklee products.
Vegan protein shake? Healthy Protein Shake?
Hey, I recommend Shaklee’s. Always safe, always effective.
Shaklee has released a new fun weight management program called “Shaklee 180″.
Losing weight and inches was a struggle for me for so many years. In the 90′s, I started having office jobs while attending school. That plus eating out a lot more (because I was bringing in some money) really contributed to me having a larger torso area. My butt was pretty big and I would be made fun of. It didn’t bother me totally, but there were days that it hurt. My self-esteem got lower and lower and I couldn’t even approach women, thinking that I was unattractive.
But then come the 2000′s and I started having immune problems. That’s where I started taking a serious look into my health.
There’s no doubt that Aloe vera has an important role in health these days. But it is still a plant that is going through plenty of debate among the scientific, health and medical communities. However, Aloe has been used best in one role – which is the heal the body externally.
The plant itself has many healing purposes. People who suffer from wounds, minor skin infections, skin cuts and burns can use Aloe to heal the skin over a period of time. A person who is having internal problems such as cysts, elevated blood lipids and diabetes, it can help heal some of these conditions to a certain degree.
However, Aloe is a short-term solution and not a long-term solution for healing, when taken internally.
Believe it or not, since Day 1, i had gone from 203 lbs to 218 lbs. It was insane, but the reason for that was that I hadn’t exercised and i started eating at parties again! On top of that, i went off the CINCH program for a good 2 weeks. But then my CINCH order came in and I hit the ground running.
I’m using an exercise program called “Burst Exercising”, combined with CINCH. After a couple of weeks, I’m suddenly down to 198lbs! That’s 20 lbs lost from 218 lbs!
My bone density has increased, my muscle has improved, plus combined with Shaklee’s Vivix, I was able to get improve my energy and repair my muscles.
So, next time I go to a party, I’m definitely going to say a “no thanks, but much appreciated for the blessing”
Here’s my latest video:
Nathan and Jenni Oates, who are Shaklee Executive Coordinators, are also owners of a club that sports a revolutionary exercise technique called Burst training. What this involves is doing the usual exercises but at extremely intense bursts of speed.
They feature a ton of science behind their technique, which helps burn fat while holding onto muscle.
More than 5 years ago, I took on the Shaklee CINCH challenge. At the time (2006), I was about 220 lbs overweight and had almost 3.5 inches of fat on me. When I took on the challenge, i committed to a regimen of Cinch shakes, tea, bars, multi-vitamin supplement, along with eating delicious, energy and life-giving food such as salads, free range fish and chicken.
That year, I went from 220 lbs to 180 lbs. I went from a size 40 to a size 35. Life was awesome!